Friday, December 14, 2007

Can An Article Writing Course Help You Become A Better Writer?

Is this a cockamamie question? Not really, because while it is possible to larn how to craft a sentence and bend a phrase on your own, can you actually larn how to take that originative flicker that dwells within and set it on paper (or on a screen)? Just as there are those who are born an artist, there are others who are born with the endowment to compose a novel, make a perfect gross sales letter, oblige their readers to come up along on a journeying to another land, escapade or experience.

But even these writers have got learned, studied and applied their endowment over clip to go better at what they do, the fine art and trade of writing. While there are certainly authorship courses of study delving into the proper turning of phrase, how to arouse an emotional response from the reader; for me the best writing course of study of all is "just write", then larn from you did.

Over the years, I have got written articles, fourth estate releases, screenplays and I am now working on a novel. Often when I travel back and read something I wrote long ago, I am amazed (not in a good way) about what I read. "Whew," I state to myself, "who in the human race wrote that?" And of course of study the author was me. Over clip as we maturate and our life position alterations and/or evolves, so too makes our endowment for writing.

Whether you are a natural writer, or person who stares at a clean page struggling for the right words ... write. Keep a journal, compose a short story, make a web page, start a blog, electronic mail your ideas and feelings ... as long as you maintain the pen or keyboard at work. There is not a better teacher and instructor than your ain continuity to accomplish what you want. And if for you that is writing, then write.

The other twenty-four hours I was asked to compose a fourth estate release for a multi-national company. They sent me the facts, told me the cardinal issues, then waited for me to deliver. I stared at the page, compiled the information into (what I thought) was a good fourth estate release. Guess what? They rejected it, saying it was difficult to read. So what did I do, sulk? Well, maybe for a minute or two. I rewrote the article, listening this clip to my interior authorship voice; telling the same narrative but in a more than bewitching manner.

When I sent this release, it was accepted and I was quickly paid, I learned from doing. I believe there are a battalion of talented work force and women on the net, many of whom may have got a very good course of study on "creative writing", "how to compose a good gross sales letter", "how to compose a good review", and by all mean value should you happen a book or website that work stoppages your fancy, leap in. But even then, writing is more than of import than waiting for inspiration.

We all have got an interior muse, usage it to actuate yourself to transcend your even your ain outlooks and make something that is a masterpiece. Whether it is a novel or gross sales letter, web page or fourth estate release: research, write, refine, larn and accomplish.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?